Dr Maria-Daphne Papadopoulou joined our law firm in April 2017 as exclusive Of Counsel. Daphne is a copyright expert and, currently, heads the Legal Department at the Hellenic Copyright Organization. She is a widely acknowledged IP specialist.
Daphne worked as a fellow researcher in the Law Center of University of Houston, USA. She was employed by international law firms in Germany (TaylorWessing, PricewaterhouseCoopersVeltins and Simmons&Simmons) dealing with IP issues and new technologies, writing at the same time her Doctoral Thesis on Copyright.
Returning to Greece, Daphne has been working as a counselor at law at the Hellenic Copyright Organization, while at the same time worked as a freelance attorney consulting on copyright and general IP issues. She is currently the Head of the legal department of the Hellenic Copyright Organization.
Daphne is also:
- member of legislative committees on copyright issues (inter alia regarding the transposition of Copyright Directives 2001/84, 2004/48, 2011/77, 2012/28, 2014/26 into national law);
- expert in Twinning Projects for IP;
- national expert in the European Observatory for Piracy, EUIPO;
- national expert for Copyright Contact Committee of Directive 2014/26;
- national correspondent of Directive 2004/48;
- member of the IPR Enforcement Expert Group (European Commission – DG GROW);
- national expert to the Working Group on Copyright (European Council) and to SCCR (WIPO);
- member of the National Co-ordination Committee for IP dealing with piracy matters (ministry of Foreign Affairs);
- educator of the National Centre for Public Administration and Local Government;
- expert LLP for Transfer of Innovation Projects (Erasmus+ & Leonardo Davinci);
- Fellow Researcher in University of Houston, USA (European IP Law).
Daphne is the author of numerous contributions in books and articles (in Greek, English and German). She has presented many papers in national and international conferences and lectures on copyright issues.